Which one will be the best for web development, PHP or Python?
Now, most businesses are opting for either Python or PHP for the purpose of web development. There are also a few opinions about choosing which is easy and difficult.
This is necessary for many features for the benefit of users to access from Python and PHP. However, both have been very popular in the last few years.
But how do you check which is an appropriate programming language for your business?
Choosing the right programming language makes web development projects must faster and more efficient. Let’s check and discuss the advantages and benefits of Python and PHP making a comparative study.
Python is an open-source programming language. It has object-oriented programming concepts. Developed by Guido Van Rossum in 1991, Python is in use extensively providing the benefits of high-level and easy-to-do syntax procedures.
It is also evident that Python is one of the most wanted programming languages as it works as a scripting language for web browsers and also in the use of web development.
Top features of Python
- Runs on different hardware platforms using the same interface.
- It is easy to read, learn and maintain
- Provides a perfect structure and support for large programs
- Python interpreter can be included for low-level modules
- It is easy to integrate Python with C, C++ and Java Programming code
- Python benefits with high-level dynamic types of data and the support for dynamic type checking
- Offers the benefit of interactive mode while testing and debugging
Highlights of Python
- Is PHP worth learning in 2022? Yes, it is. This is the most versatile language in use across different fields
- It has cross-platform code reusability
- It has easy to use, read, learn and maintain features
- It automatically collects junk
- Develops GUI apps
- Integrates easily with programming code of other languages like Java or C++
- For mathematical tasks, uses Tensor flow libraries
- This is an open-source, uniformly unfolding language
- WORA functionality and makes it portable
- Functions highly graphic and make it favorable
Drawbacks with Python
- Not useful in mobile computing, browsers, and mobile app development
- Takes massive amount of memory
- Works slowly as compared to other web development languages
- The process of testing web apps works slowly
- Detection of errors is made difficult due to dynamic typing
- Scope for run-time errors due to duck-typing
- Appears big for simple and small apps or website
PHP or Hypertext Pre-processor is a highly recommended programming language for web developers.
As an open-source server scripting language, PHP is widely in use due to its plenty of features, plugins, libraries, and add-ons.
PHP Development Company not only works as an expert in PHP web development projects, but most importantly it makes the websites much more agile, convenient and flexible benefiting businesses for achieving various business goals.
Why PHP is in demand?
Empowering nearly 80% of websites, PHP has successfully completed 25 years of its service and has emerged as a powerful web development tool.
Two popular platforms of PHP are – WordPress and Facebook.
Highlights of PHP
- Withstands top quality debugging process
- Has plenty of plugin frameworks, Open-source and object-oriented
- Features of a large eco-system
- Supports database interfaces – No SQL, PostgreSQL etc.
- Gets support from many operating systems and works cross-platform
- Supports database collection modules
- Works flexible and platform-independent
- PHP-based apps support OS – Windows, Linux and UNIX
- Has in-built SQL support
- Has Open-source PHP frameworks are available for free use.
Which is faster PHP or Python?
Being one of the popular languages in use today, Python is known for its simplicity and flexibility. Having emerged as # 1 choice for data science and AI, Python continues to be behind PHP for web development.
Python has a fast-growing community and an increasing number of frameworks and libraries. It is flexible. However, it does not provide the same level of database connectivity and support as PHP.
Why use PHP or Python for web development
Small or big business, you need a website. The web development company has skilled and experienced web development professionals in PHP and Python.
Based on the website requirements, the website development company makes recommendations to choose either PHP or Python for website development. As we discussed above, the highlights of Python and PHP make it very easy to develop a website. However, there are a few specific areas where Python and PHP are exclusively used in web development.
Python is chosen when:
- Building websites using the Django framework
- Seeking in-depth data analytics
- In areas like robotics and data science, Python is chosen
With vast benefits offered in PHP for web development which ideally suits every business, PHP is widely used to create blogs, web applications, and websites. Working effectively on the server side, with less investment, PHP is the first choice for many small and medium businesses.
Equinox Web development company in Dallas, Texas has excellent professionals and skilled team who possess working experience in Python and PHP for web development services.
Now before we look at some criteria in analyzing PHP vs Python, let’s take a look at programming languages in general. Specifically, we’ll look at various languages, including Python vs PHP for backend development.
For new developers, the question of which backend framework to learn is always a matter of confusion. With so many new programming languages offering so many features, libraries, and frameworks, how does one actually decide on which web framework to learn?
To answer the question – Why is Python more popular than PHP?
- Python is a friendly language for beginners
- It can be executed on various platforms using the same interface
- Provides excellent support and an ideal structure for large codebases
- Collects garbage automatically
- Offers debugging sessions and interactive testing
- High-level dynamic data types are offered to support dynamic type checking
- Integrates easily with Java, C and C++
Is PHP worth learning in 2022? Certainly it is worth learning.
For the needs of web development are wide and extensive. As PHP is now greatly in demand, it is necessary that more skilled workers are required by PHP Development Company for executive many web development works.