|Job Type||Full Time|
• Identifies database requirements by interviewing customers; analyzing department applications, programming, and operations; evaluating existing systems and designing proposed systems.
• Must be able to work across a diverse team of software and systems engineers, training development specialists, software technicians, and security specialists in a dynamic, high-paced environment.
• Recommends solutions by defining database physical structure and functional capabilities, database security, data back-up, and recovery specifications.
• Installs revised or new systems by proposing specifications and flowcharts; recommending optimum access techniques; coordinating installation requirements.
• Maintains database performance by calculating optimum values for database parameters; implementing new releases; completing maintenance requirements; evaluating computer operating systems and hardware products.
• Prepares users by conducting training; providing information; resolving problems.
• Provides information by answering questions and requests.
• Supports database functions by designing and coding utilities.
• Maintains quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
• Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
• Must prepare database documentation, including standards, procedures and definitions for deliverable data dictionaries (metadata)